Queen’s Counsel (QC)
“An all-round star performer” with “excellent attention to detail” “He deftly handles complex cases and is a very determined, excellent advocate.”
“He has an incredible eye for detail, and is meticulous in everything he does” “Never loses sight of the bigger picture”
Simon was recognised as a leading Queen's Counsel in the current editions of both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners directories. He was shortlisted in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury category for Queen’s Counsel of the Year at the Legal 500 Awards 2017.
He has a particular interest and expertise in catastrophic injury claims including birth trauma and other neurological injuries particularly those involving the brain and spine. He is frequently instructed in complex and high value quantum claims.
- BA (Jurisprudence) – 1977
- BCL (Civil Law) – 1978
- MA (Jurisprudence) – 1982
Lincoln College, University of Oxford.
- Spire Healthcare v Brooke 
Abuse of process; Cause of action estoppel; Clinical negligence; Contribution; Interim payments; Statutory interpretation; Limitation.
- Jones v Secretary of State for Health 
Clinical negligence; Consent to treatment; Doctor's duty to advise on material risks; Causation; Reliance on advice; Whether failure in care.
- CR v West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust  Practice; Personal Injuries; Damages; Assessment; Interim payment of damages;.
- Haynes v Kingston Hospitals NHS Trust 
Practice; Personal Injuries; Damages; Interim payment of damages; Accommodation.
- Nyang v G4S Care & Justice Services & Others  Clinical Negligence; Mental health assessments; Self-harm; Treatment of detainees; Procedures in immigration removal centre; Whether causative of injuries.
Due to his wide ranging practice, Simon has collected many positive client comments including:
“He is absolutely excellent and incredibly thorough.”
“He is an excellent advocate and tactician, and has the ability to put clients at ease.
“Regularly instructed in matters where the claims runs into millions”
“Prepares extremely well and is rarely wrong-footed”
“A very good judge of when to push the boat out and when to go gently.”
"Achieves outstanding results in difficult and complex matters …”
“Fantastic at putting experts through their paces”
“Exudes confidence and is pure class”
“He is superb with clients and an incredible advocate.”
“Very thorough, very responsive and easy to work with ”
“He's incredibly well prepared on cases - he's absolutely on top of all the papers"
“An all-round star performer” with “excellent attention to detail”
“He deftly handles complex cases and is a very determined, excellent advocate.”
“His preparation is very thorough and he is able to master all the facts of a case.
"Thoughtful, analytical and very easy to work with”
“Always one step ahead of his opponent.”
“He has an incredible eye for detail, and is meticulous in everything he does”
“Never loses sight of the bigger picture”
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Commonwealth Lawyers’ Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Medico-Legal Society
- Standing Council of Mediation Advocates