Queen’s Counsel (QC)
“He’s wonderfully client-friendly as he’s terribly calm and measured. In fraught situations he creates an atmosphere of calm and confidence, and he must be one of the most charming and polite men on the earth – in negotiations he’s never aggressive, just very clear, firm and incredibly clever.”
Edward contributed to “Local Authority Liability” (Morrell & Foster, 4th edition). In 2006 he also was a special adviser to the Department of Constitutional Affairs on the Compensation Culture.
- Wellington College
- Jesus College, Oxford (1972 MA)
- C. and N. v Poole Borough Council (judgment is awaited from the Supreme Court) - L.F. acted for the Council together with Paul Stagg and Katie Ayres .
- Barclays Bank v Various Claimants - Following the Court of Appeal decision, the Supreme Court has now given permission to appeal. The case will be heard on November 28th 2019. L.F.acted for the Bank.
- Michael Parker (Barrymore ) v. Essex Police - L.F. acted for the police in their successful appeal to the Court of Appeal.
- XX v Whittington Hospitals NHS Trust - L.F. acted for the hospital in a novel case in the Court of Appeal concerning damages for the cost of commercial surrogacy. The hospital is seeking permission to appeal to the Supreme Court.
"He's wonderfully client-friendly as he's terribly calm and measured. In fraught situations he creates an atmosphere of calm and confidence, and he must be one of the most charming and polite men on the earth – in negotiations he's never aggressive, just very clear, firm and incredibly clever."
"Very helpful, and always returns urgent calls."
"I feel he really outgunned our opponents."
"He is simply the best public authority PI silk – no one can touch him. He has a good grasp of the law and his manner in court is commanding. Judges respect and listen to him."
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association